COVID-19 Pandemic Notice No. 4, Friday, 27 March 2020: Travel Advisory
Travel Advisory in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Following the evolving situation on the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Government of the Republic of Zambia has issued a Travel Advisory as follows:
- All international flights to and from Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula, Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe and Mfuwe international airports are suspended. Instead, all international flights should land at and depart from Kenneth Kaunda International Airport only, to ensure efficient and effective screening of travelers.
- All travellers seeking entry into Zambia will be subjected to thorough screening at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport and will be required to self–quarantine for 14 days at own cost. Those travelers who exhibit symptoms, upon arrival, will be quarantined in a designated Government medical facility for treatment.
- All travellers are required to complete and submit prescribed forms and hand to health officials upon arrival to ensure continued surveillance, contact tracing and proper follow up of possible cases.
- Zambia has suspended non-essential foreign travel, particularly to countries which have confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- Zambia has suspended all bus operations across all international routes effective March 27, 2020 for 14 days, subject to review.
Further, the Government of the Republic of Zambia advises as follows:
- All Zambian citizens and residents not to travel to countries with confirmed cases of Covid-19. All Zambians and residents are being encouraged to postpone or cancel altogether all non-essential travel to other countries.
- All Zambians and residents returning from countries with confirmed cases of COVID-19 will undergo thorough screening and will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days at own cost. All citizens and residents who exhibit symptoms, upon arrival, will be quarantined in a designated Government medical facility for treatment.
- All Zambian citizens and residents should pay particular attention to the information and guidelines being provided in transit countries. All Zambians and residents are to comply with prescribed health screening processes and other measures in place in transit countries.
- All Zambians and residents currently in foreign countries both on short term and long term stay to register their presence at the Zambia Mission/Consulate and provide contact details.
For further details related to this travel advisory, contact the Zambian Embassy in Washington, D.C using the contacts below.
Phone: 202 234 4111 or
Consular Officer: 202 531 6660 or
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs at +260 211 252 666/+260 211 252708. Further information on the interventions by the Government of the Republic of Zambia can be accessed on www.znphi.co.zm.
Dated: 27th March 2020